Home > Internet Marketing | Web Analytics > Social Media Newsfeed: LinkedIn Buys Bizo | Prince Harry Hates Twitter

Social Media Newsfeed: LinkedIn Buys Bizo | Prince Harry Hates Twitter

 Click here to receive the Morning Social Media Newsfeed via email.

LinkedIn Acquires Marketing Platform Bizo for $175 Million (SocialTimes)
LinkedIn announced Tuesday that it is acquiring B2B marketing platform Bizo for $175 million. Bizo uses data and targeting technology for multi-channel marketing programs and counts AMEX, Microsoft and AT&T among its clients. TechCrunch Bizo offers targeting and analytics for display and direct response ads. At the beginning of 2013, the company told TechCrunch that it brought in $22 million in revenue during the previous year. VentureBeat Recently, the company launched a marketing automation product called Multi-Channel Nurturing, as VentureBeat previously reported. The $175 million acquisition will see LinkedIn paying 90 percent in cash; the remaining 10 percent is in stock. The Wall Street Journal LinkedIn will incorporate Bizo’s Media Solutions and Multichannel Nurturing products, but doesn’t plan to carry over its Data Solutions, according to a LinkedIn blog post. The acquisition will “enhance our ability to offer a comprehensive B2B marketing platform for brands,” the blog post said. Adweek This is LinkedIn’s second acquisition in as many weeks. Earlier this month, it bought another startup, Newsle, which has technology that notifies users when people and topics they care about are in the news.

Prince Harry’s Confession: ‘I Hate Twitter’ (ET Canada)
Looks like Prince Harry won’t be tweeting you anytime soon. Speaking to a group of students on Tuesday, the 29-year-old royal expressed his disdain for the popular microblogging site, saying, “I really quite hate Twitter.” An interesting statement, to be sure, given Harry was attending a workshop at the time, learning more about using social networks to promote the Invictus Games.

An Introduction to Facebook’s Custom Audiences (AllFacebook)
The latest installment in Facebook’s Getting Started series provides small and midsized businesses with a primer on the social network’s custom audiences ad-targeting options. The social network offered a guide to custom audiences in a post on its Facebook for Business page.

YouTube Music’s Head Quits, a Setback to Paid Service (The Wall Street Journal/Digits)
The head of YouTube’s effort to launch a music subscription service is leaving, marking yet another hurdle for the long-delayed project. Chris LaRosa, YouTube’s product manager in charge of music, will be leaving Google this Friday to join a startup.

55 Percent of Couples Used a Hashtag During Their #Wedding [Infographic] (AllTwitter)
A new study has revealed that more than half (55 percent) of newlyweds used a bespoke hashtag during for their wedding, with a further 10 percent wishing they had. Twenty-eight percent updated their Facebook status within hours of tying the knot, 45 percent are active on social media when planning the wedding, and 51 percent became “more realistic” with their Pinterest pins after getting engaged … whatever that means.

Businesses are Missing Out on One Valuable Social Media Platform (Forbes)
Businesses have a lot of options when it comes to social media. Twitter, Facebook, Google +, LinkedIn and Pinterest, just to name a few. And, for the most part, enterprises have become well versed in these platforms and on how to best use them to grow their repertoire. One platform that has been a little underexplored, however, is blogging.

Seinfeld Participates in Facebook Q&A to Promote ‘Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee’ (LostRemote)
To promote ‘Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee’ (CICGC), Seinfeld dropped by Facebook’s New York office last week to take part in a Q&A with fans on the CICGC page. During the Facebook Q&A, he answered fan questions about his first car, road rage and his sneaker collection, among others.

Survey: Facebook Scores Low in Customer Satisfaction (USA Today)
Some Americans still love to hate Facebook and other social media services. That’s according to an annual survey from the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) released Tuesday.

Pinterest Hires Head of Brand to Market Itself to Men (SocialTimes)
Pinterest has hired David Rubin as its head of brand, a newly-created position within the company. He was previously the VP of marketing at Unilever. Rubin will oversee a team of 20 and is tasked with marketing the site to men, according to Ad Age.

New Career Opportunities Daily: The best jobs in media.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

TOP
Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookVisit Us On Google PlusVisit Us On Linkedin